Saturday, August 15, 2015

Winds have changed

The fire jumped last night. It is much closer to the east end of the valley. The county called and put us on a level 3 evacuation notice. That means get ready and leave if you want. I think the southeast end of the valley may be at a higher level. On geomac.gov the fire appears to be about 2 miles from that part of the valley. We are not in harms way at the moment.
The winds were from the south yesterday. Last night they moved to the west and so are blowing a more easterly path for the fire which is good for the valley. There are homes still in the path, but fewer, I think. The fire has already burned where I know there are homes. I have not heard what has been burned or saved. I pray the people are safe!
We have a horse trailer and are available to move animals a short distance. There has not been a place set up to take animals, so those needing to move animals need to have a predetermined destination. They should also move some feed for the animals too. If you know someone needing help with animals, have them call the general store in the valley. I will not post phone numbers on the net.

Welcome to my world,  Frontier Woman @ frontierlivingtoday.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment