Monday, March 2, 2015


Last weekend Frontier Hubby and I went to the Seattle area, Kirkland to be more specific. It was a birthday party for my granddaughter who recently turned one. It was a great party with lots of adults with 1 year old kids. My daughter-in-law made lots of tasty food and my son made punch.

What is that Thing? Yes it is.
(An unusual siting of a VW Thing)
After a day's drive to get there, we were certainly not the party animals. We did meet some very nice people and enjoyed ourselves.
My granddaughter's family prefers privacy so I am not posting pics of the party, I did however take many pictures of the drive over on Highway 2, one of the most beautiful, scenic drives ever.
The pictures start as we drove into Wenatchee about 3 hours after we left home. Including East Wenatchee, population is just over 40,000. The Columbia River divides the two, east from west.
Looking over Wenatchee
Leaving Wenatchee
The drive takes about 5 hours from Aeneas Valley with just gas stops. I put the pics in small, but you can click on them to see them bigger.


Welcome to my world,  Frontier Woman @ frontierlivingtoday.blogspot.com
Driving through Leavenworth

A rock tipped up on end
to become a mountain!
















Leaving Leavenworth








On the road again . . .




Frost line way up high

Almost to the top of Steven's Pass

Steven's Pass has snow!
Coming down some cool clouds





A moss covered tree lane



 
-Tunnel- Get ready to honk your horn
Rugged mountains on the wet side

No comments:

Post a Comment