Monday, February 2, 2015

Saturday.
The day was booked solid. Getting work done around here for a couple hours then leaving for our big metropolitan area known as Omak. Population under 5,000. LOL
Lots to do including taking showers in town. (Did I mention no indoor plumbing?)
Thought I would share my morning with you. Woke up to Frontier Hubby showing me a can of Monster Java, my morning brew. He opened it as I was still groggy and dangerous with something so spillable. And yes, I actually ended up spilling it. Bah!
After a day of bleakness outside on Friday, where the farthest I could see was about 500 feet because of fog, I have some pics to share from Friday and Saturday.
The hoar frost was on everything. Here is a baling twine covered with it. The little piece hanging off the left of it looked like a seahorse head and neck.
Looked up "hoar" and it means grayish white. Hoar frost is pretty white. No gray that I could see other than the day.

The fog leaves everything in its touch covered with the hoar frost. The mountain behind these trees were not in the fog or its trees would be white, too.
The black looking trunks and the white limbs make this almost look like black and white photo, but it is in color. The overhead clouds do not bring out much color either.

Here is Mr. Rooster eyeing me through the hoar frosted chicken wire. This rooster is a road island red and stands at least twice as tall as the hens. He is 3 years old. Although not a pet, he is pretty comfortable about letting us in the coop and run.
The hens were laying the average number of eggs to date, 3. But someone is an over achiever! The egg on the left is way bigger than the others. I see a double yoker in my future!
Welcome to my world,
Frontier Woman @ frontierlivingtoday.blogspot.com
.

No comments:

Post a Comment