Friday, February 6, 2015

Trapped a Bit More than Less


So, it is a stay in the house day. I still have to go outside for the essentials, like feeding the animals, but I do not want to spend time out there today. It is windy, the clouds are heavy and wet with some mist falling around us. (Has turned to rain since I started writing.)

The paw prints are about 2 inches deep. Notice the green grass peeking out under the ice.
The ground has unthawed about 1-2" down making mud that is extra sticky and slippery at the same time. I found myself walking on the ice instead. 
The driveway is a mess. I toss straw on the snow/ice or ashes to give it some traction, but it wasn't much help today.
It was much easier to walk on the ice as I had my "clippies" on my boots. I actually hate them so only wear them when it is super slippery.

The pic below is the drive up to our gate. It has a ditch in the middle of it about a foot wide and even deeper than that in places. My car cannot survive crossing this ditch no less a fall into it, so I am staying home today. Good thing yesterday was dentist day. I almost did not make it back up here yesterday on the dirt road coming up the canyon. Ice, slush and snow were mixed together and pulling the car all over.
On a good note, the wild horses were back waiting for some food. I got to touch two of them on the nose as I fed them. That's about 6 feet closer than ever before.

How many horses do you see? (These are the wild horses)


The birth of a lake . . . at the bottom of our meadow.
 
Yep, I think it is broken
Welcome to my world,  Frontier Woman @ frontierlivingtoday.blogspot.com


 

No comments:

Post a Comment